Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Capturing the Moments of Summer

Before the kids head back to school, it is great to prepare them for the "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" conversation! If you've taken several photos throughout a summer vacation/staycation, why not select some of your favorites and put those photos into a video montage that tells your story a unique and creative way!  Today's video editing software makes this easy for any momarazzi!

I have several favorites I use.  For posting online, I like Animoto.  It offers opportunities to create free 30 second videos (about 10-15 photos) set to music, or for an inexpensive annual fee you can create videos as long as you'd like!  This software has several different "effect-options" to create the mood you'd like that tells your story best.

When telling your story through a photo-montage video, it can be easy to want to put all vacation photos together and share the entire event. Another option I like to do is to ask my boys what was their favorite part of the vacation, and then select those photos to highlight.  Below is an example of what we created that told the story of my oldest son's greatest experience a few years ago. 




What stories do YOU have to tell from your summer adventures??!!  Share them with us!
Until then...see you at the rinks & fields!

No comments:

Post a Comment