Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's Not Just About the Action

Capturing those special moments in your child's sporting events is not always about the action, although all of us enjoy a good action shot! Consider those moments when your little warrior is on the sidelines, in the dugout, or simply not in the action of the play--and what exactly is happening there?

The look on these faces tell me the many emotions they
are feeling as they begin this scrimmage game
As my son's first high school scrimmage game got underway, I was excited to once again be on the field looking for that magical tackle that makes all photos worthwhile.  After my son's defense went back to the sidelines, I caught a photo that I felt told a great story.  And while only the parents of these boys may appreciate the photo, we can also imagine exactly what may have been going through their minds!  Sharing moments in between plays is often full of emotion and can let the viewer know whether they feel good about what just happened or are looking for ways to improve. And sometimes...we just have to ask our player, "what were you laughing/talking/thinking about here?"

In the end, the best results may not always be that great tackle (although I LOVE capturing those, being the defensive momarazzi that I am!) but rather the photos you capture in between great plays that truly tell the story of how your athletic superstar is doing!

See you at the rinks and fields!!

No comments:

Post a Comment