Friday, August 27, 2010

Preserving Your Memories

I've written before about preserving your summer memories by creating a video of still photographs you took all summer--but after seeing so many parents on the bus stop this week with their video cameras, I realized I should add how to incorporate both video and still photography.

And in my research to provide the most useful information, I came across a vimeo post of Brandon Bloch that I found both informative and hilarious!  My friends at Animoto connected me to this...visit animotopro on Twitter and you, too, can learn some great tips!  Brandon Bloch posted his comparison of the Canon 7D (SLR camera AND video camera in one!) to the Barbie Video Girl camera.  It is worth the few minutes watch!!

As my friend Amanda pointed out...this Barbie Video Girl is actually a great idea!  The Canon is a heavy camera and doesn't fit into your purse as easily as a Barbie doll. And the Barbie can double as a great toy to distract young children--if you have girls.  As for me, I'm not quite sure my high school football player-son would appreciate my holding Barbie up to video his games--unless of course I can get her a cute cheerleading outfit!!

So in the end...I am still a Canon fan!  Envious of the great options on the new Canon 7D, I may just have to look at this camera more closely!  And as for recommending some tips on incorporating video and still photography...take the time to visit my friends at http://www.animoto.com/ to see how any momarazzi can create wonderful FREE 30 second video creations that incorporate both photographs and video.  For a very small fee, you can upgrade to what I call, Momarazzi status (not quite "pro), and create videos as long as your heart desires!!

No comments:

Post a Comment